The Methodist Church has launched a campaign for the Advent and Christmas season.
It encourages us, and provides ways to enable us, to offer the gospel hope in this season which this year comes at the end of a very challenging year. The good news of God coming to us in Jesus which we celebrate at Christmas, and the tremendous difference for good that makes in our lives in believing, sensing and knowing God is with us NOW can make, is news perhaps needed more than ever.
Here are ways to get involved.
Find out more by
– visiting the Methodist Church website at https://www.methodist.org.uk/our-faith/worship/advent-and-christmas-2020/
– Watching the address by Rev Steve Levett on the Circuit Service on November 29th found at https://youtu.be/LG5064sC-gM
To engage in the campaign consider:
– Sharing the short film found at https://youtu.be/Up70WpsTUyE
– Pointing people towards the website on which a new person’s story can be read each day in the 24 days of December leading up to Christmas www.findingourhope.co.uk
– following The Methodist Church on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share the daily posts, tweets etc.
– Making it personal. Write or film your own short account of your experience of this year, where you have found hope, and how your believe in and experience of God With You has made a difference to you, and find ways to share your story (in Christmas cards, on your Facebook feed etc.)